• No smoking, vaping, candles, incense etc on our premises (excludes outdoors vaping).
• We do not accept accompanying pets. Please note that our own resident dog, a small poodle, is free to roam the garden (ensure that side passage gates remain securely closed). Also note that urban foxes are common in Kew and you may encounter them in our garden (or on the road). Their night-time cries can be unnerving, for those unfamiliar with the sound, but they are harmless, timid creatures. However, foxes are inquisitive and hence we encourage guests to use the window restrictors provided.
• Those with mobility difficulty should note that cabin access requires negotiating a gravel path and two doorsteps. Regrettably, this renders the cabin unsuitable for wheelchair use. Additionally, tall persons should note that doorways are under 2 metres and the bathroom ceiling is 2 metres high.
• We provide a compact, self-contained cabin with en suite shower facilities, located at the rear of our communal garden, with independent access via a side passage. The cabin has a British king size double bed (150cm wide x 195cm long), a work-desk and kitchenette. Additional beds or child cots/cribs are not available (for longer stays, bed linen and towels are changed weekly).
• The kitchenette is provisioned with: fridge-freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle and a Nespresso. Additionally, crockery, cutlery and glasses are provided
• As a courtesy to future guests, please avoid heating spicy foods or using strong scents, as these may leave lingering odours that can last days.
• Self-service continental breakfast is provided in the cabin: bread, jam, honey, muesli, yoghurt, fruit juice, coffee and tea.
• To avoid cutting short your stay, it is imperative to observe house rules, especially:
1. Only flush toilet paper in the macerator toilet (absolutely nothing else e.g. no sanitary or cosmetic products of any kind).
2. No food waste to be washed down the sink (leftovers, coffee grounds, fats, oils etc).
Bins are provided in the bathroom and by the kitchenette (and a recycling bin outdoors).
• Guests are provided with entrance and cabin keys. For mutual security, the side passage gates must remain securely closed. There is a £50 lock replacement fee, in the event of key loss.
• Free unfiltered internet access is available, but we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, nor the quality, security or probity of online content. Guests must not download or upload any illicit material or code, or anything deemed as threatening or offensive, or that requires excessive bandwidth. We also offer streaming TV, but cannot guarantee the quality of service.
• Guests are asked to wear the rubber soled sandals provided, whilst indoors.
• Check-in from 3 pm to 10 pm and check-out by 10 am. However, we can often be flexible on times, depending on turnover (contact us on the day). Guests are welcome to leave bags with us on the day of arrival or departure.
• To forestall undue concern or cancelation, guests should keep us posted (text or e-mail) about any changes regarding arrival. If you fail to check in by 10 pm (22:00 hours local time) of the appointed day, your reservation will be cancelled unless you have alerted us to an unavoidable delay, in which case, at our discretion, we may hold your reservation whilst retaining the right to charge for any unused night(s).
• Upon arrival, guests are required to register online and to provide emergency contact details.
• To avoid triggering an emergency response, guests should notify us if they intend spending any night away, during the period of their stay with us.
• Roadside parking is readily available, but permits are required for weekdays between 10 am and 12 noon (unrestricted parking is also available within a block of us). We have a limited supply of free permits and hence cannot guarantee more than 3 permits (sufficient for 3 weekdays) per reservation. Guests are responsible for displaying daily permits or parking in unrestricted areas.
• Clothes washing facilities are not on offer. However, dry cleaning and laundrette services are available within 5 minutes walk.
• Those with pronounced aversion to noise should note that the whole of Kew is subject to varying levels of aircraft noise. Additionally, fox barks or screeches may be heard during the night. But train or other disturbances are seldom of concern in this residential neighbourhood.
• Prospective guests must notify us of any special requirements or circumstances (dietary or otherwise), prior to confirmation of reservation.
• We only take reservations from and for adults (18 years plus—our premises are unsuitable for children). All reservations must be confirmed by us, via email, and require your mobile (cell) contact number. Reservations are only accepted for the person making the reservation (by you, for you and any partner), not for third parties. We do not take street callers and use of our premises is restricted exclusively to the person(s) for whom the reservation has been made. If any doubt as to identity should arise, guests may be required to produce photo ID (e.g. driving licence, passport).
• Under no circumstances may our premises be used for any form of self-isolation, quarantining or convalescence (see COVID
). Nor may our premises be used for any for-profit activity whatsoever (e.g. business or promotional pursuits), or for social gatherings, parties etc (absolutely no third parties).
• Medical & Dental Services
Depending on nationality or residency status, you may not be eligible for free NHS health services (you should have appropriate insurance).
• Disposal of Property
We shall notify you, by email, should any of your belongings be left on our premises. In the absence of any reply, or a failure to make reasonable arrangements, we may dispose of said items 10 days following your check out (at no cost or liability to ourselves).
• Accidental Damage
At our absolute discretion we may require payment (prior to the end of your stay) for the cost of repair or replacement, due to damage or breakage caused by you.
• Code of Conduct.
At our absolute discretion we may cancel your reservation or terminate your stay with us as a consequence of: false representation; offensive or antisocial behaviour; negligent or wilful damage to property; dangerous or illicit activities. If, in our opinion, reasonable norms of social conduct have been breached, you will forfeit all rights to our services and we shall require you to leave, with immediate effect. Additionally, we shall be under no obligation to refund you for any outstanding period, and you may be held accountable for any loss or damage we may incurr.
• Force Majeure
Unexpected circumstances whereby it becomes impracticable or unsafe for us to fulfil our obligations (prior to or during your stay). In such an event (e.g. plumbing or electrical failures, services interruption, damage by previous occupier, or public safety issues including COVID), we will endeavour to mitigate disruption by suggesting alternative accommodation, but can offer no guarantees (we refund any unused nights, less transaction fees).
• We regret that we cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to guests' belongings, nor for accidental injury sustained whilst on our premises.